• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Long Journey posted by Beaw

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Is nearing its end.

Sometime in 2007 I decided to take my huge mishmash of a coin collection and turn it into something fully organized, quite a bit smaller, and quite a bit more manageable for myself and my beautiful little heiress.

This was no easy task as my collection consisted of everything under the sun from the wonderful issues of the Republic of Marshall Islands, through various Franklin Mint issues (Thankfully bought on the secondary market for a fraction of their issue price), to a set of British Farthings in Whitman Folder, to tons of Canadian mint eets, and untold numbers of raw U.S. Coins.

This collection was spread all over the place from my Mom's home, to the Bank, to secret places in my home. Very Very disorganized and so unfocused that I would literally run into things I never remembered purchasing as I went through various K-Mart strong boxes.

The long journey is almost over and that old mess of a coin collection is 95% gone to be replaced by all those NGC and PCGS coins you see in my registry sets (plus few score more of un-registried slabs).

I have retained my sets of Proof Statehood Quarters and most of my beloved Chopmarked Trade Coins (from all over the world) but the rest is mostly gone. I still have one roll of mixed half dollars and a partial roll of dimes to cash in. Those proceeds will be turned into slabbed coins.

I am delighted!!!!

8362.gif

See more journals by Beaw