• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2011 Silver Proof Set

8 posts in this topic

Just received my Silver Proof Sets . I have to applaud the MINT . Each and every coin , is stunning . I hope they continue producing quality collector coins as this . For many years, I had been highly critical of the shoddy workmanship at our mint and lauding the RCM for their attention to detail and quality production's . Nice to see us back in the game .

Yes, but they charge a pretty penny.

Yes but the price of silver is hanging just under $30 and ounce compared to several years ago, and closed at $30.39 today.

Yea maybe, but they charge a pretty penny!! lol

Yes, but they charge a pretty penny.

Yes but the price of silver is hanging just under $30 and ounce compared to several years ago, and closed at $30.39 today.

Yea maybe, but they charge a pretty penny!! lol

COS=Cost Of Sale.

I'm sure the suppliers of the holders and boxes, and planchets to make the coinage have raised their prices to the Mint to cover their COS, over the years, and the Mint, like any other business, passes those increases on to us, the customers.

I just received mine, happy with all but one of the coins. It seems like there is a huge thumbprint on one of the Presidential dollars. And its not on the outside... it's on the inside.

I just received mine, happy with all but one of the coins. It seems like there is a huge thumbprint on one of the Presidential dollars. And its not on the outside... it's on the inside.

... And that's all it takes to kill the set for you. A buyer will see the one problem coin and pass on it because he can get a set without that.

That's why I buy my Proof sets from local dealer who lets me mix and match to build a nice set. It's worth the extra dollars, which in the end are usually less than the shipping charge if I bought one set.

Looking at it in much better light, it's not as bad as I originally thought. Its on the Andrew Johnson coin, and its right next to his face. I can't really tell what it is... Looks like water droplets possibly, I have no idea. I'll try to get a pic when I can.

It doesn't bother me too much, though. I do it more for the collection, not really looking at the resale price.