• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Organization problem

5 posts in this topic

I noticed that a few of my coins are out of order as far as denomination. Even if I add coins later, shouldn't they go with the same category?

What's even worse is my gallery is even more out of order. All my coins are Raw so far so you can't see what I mean, so use your imagination. :D

Does anyone, I mean anyone know how this crazy programs works so I can get things in order. Thanks

• Administrator

Hi 2cents,

What views are you having sort order problems with? The collection manager, or a custom set?

On the collection manager screen, the sort order can be set by the user. Just click on the column header you'd like to sort by. If you'd like to sort explicitly by denomination then use the "Customize Columns" link in the upper right, add the denomination column to your display, and then click on that column name to sort by denomination.

The collection manager where it says Coins 'list" and also the gallery is not in order. I've decided to do custom sets: 1C,2c, 3C, 5C, 10C...... Like that. At least I can assign the order of the coins and it will be easier to track down a particular coin.Most of the coins are raw,U cant view them. NGC said in custom sets my view might be out of order,but the public view it will be in order. It's a glitch they are working on. The thing is if you later add a coin to a custom set how do you get it in order again without having to change all the slot numbers around? Or will it do it automatically? (shrug)

Sorry to bother you again. I have another Registry question. If I add a coin/coins to my "ALL SET-LIST or CUSTOM SET" will the order rearrange itself? Or do I have to do something to get the list back in order of Denomination in either of the two sets listed above? Please PM me instead of doing a post if you can.

Thanks. 2centsalMD

• Administrator

Hi 2cents,

I will PM this answer as well.

COLLECTION MANAGER:

You should not have to re-sort the collection manager list when you add a new coin. The collection manager list will remember the sort order you selected, and when you load the list again, new coins will be sorted in with everything else.

That sort order for the collection manager will remain the same until you click on a column header to change it. You get the same sort order when you are clicking on a set on the left to filter the list, or you are looking at the "All Coins" list.

TIP: If you hold down SHIFT while clicking a column header, you can actually get a secondary sort. SO, for instance, if you click on grade and sort everything by grade, and then hold down shift and click on guide, then your coins will be sorted by grade, and within the grade will be sorted by the guide's price.

CUSTOM SETS:

Custom sets have their own sort order for PUBLIC DISPLAY. If you click the pencil icon next to the custom set, this allows you to edit the public display of the set. Here you can set an explicit sort order for just that custom set.

If you add a new coin to the custom set, then that new coin is added with a sort order number in the custom set of ZERO - it will always appear on the top of the list. You will need to edit the custom set, and save a sort order for that coin in order to get it to show up where you want it to.

TIP: You CAN use decimals in the sort orders. So if you have coins like this:

And you add a new one that you want between 4 and 5, you CAN save it with 4.5 as the sort order and you will get

without having to renumber everything.