• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pics of some 58 D franklins i recently sent in :)

15 posts in this topic

If you like franklins then chances are you love 58 D's! Here are a few that i had sitting around that i finally got a chance to send in. Please excuse the small terrible pics with the grades and last 3 of the cert number in the pics. My new D5000 along with the rest of the setup should be here in a week or so. The pics are good enough to give an idea of what the color looks like in hand. I also included a 58 D washington as i feel it is sweet and got the star, Enjoy :).

DSCN2720-horz-1.jpg

DSCN2712-horz.jpg

DSCN2710-horz.jpg

DSCN2724-horz-1.jpg

DSCN2736-horz-1.jpg

DSCN2738-horz-1.jpg

DSCN2792-horz.jpg

Jason, I believe he's saying that those are already graded, those are just pre pics. And, the numbers shown are the last three numbers of the submission.

Jason, I believe he's saying that those are already graded, those are just pre pics. And, the numbers shown are the last three numbers of the submission.

That is correct. The grades in the pics are the grades given by ngc.

Thanks for posting photographs of the Franklins. You have some really nice toners there. In my experience I have seen many toned Franklins, yet I haven't seen many attractively toned ones. I don't feel that Franklins tone up very well and some are downright ugly. Your pieces are very attractive and the grades are pretty nice also. Congratulations on your acquisitions and once again thank you for sharing them.

Well, in that case, congrats on the star! The obverse of that Washington is really nice.

Well, in that case, congrats on the star! The obverse of that Washington is really nice.

Thanks! I was hoping maybe to get 1 or 2 stars on the franklins but that didnt happen as i figured. NGC is super strict with stars on the franklins :(. Over the years i made about 5 58 D's with stars. My next goal is sending in a raw franklin and getting the lofty MS67 grade :o

Good luck with trying to get the ms67 grade on any frankie subitted to either grading service. The coin must be super clean with above average luster and color to get that grade IMO.

Just ask Shane how many 67s he has made over the years.

Good luck with trying to get the ms67 grade on any frankie subitted to either grading service. The coin must be super clean with above average luster and color to get that grade IMO.

Im willing to bet he has made 0! I know it is extremely tough. In 2010 i sent over 600 mint set toners for grading and out of all those coins i didnt have 1 franklin that i thought would have a shot at 67. Ive made many high grade washingtons though :).

Jon,

That comment peaked my curiosity, so I just check the NGC population reports. Only 240 coins have been graded MS67 or better (including FBL). Does anyone here have one?

Paul

Sy has a 67* 1952S, a 67 1958, and a 67FBL 58D. All of which can be seen in his absolutely jawdropping set: http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SetListing.aspx?PeopleSetID=8611

Oh wait, I forgot I have one!

FranklinHalfDollar1958-DNGCMS67S-8.jpg

he-he-he!

^&%*%*^*&)(&)*(*(*_)()_(_OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (worship) (worship) (worship)