• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photo Contest (Reverse)

Reverse Photo Contest  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Reverse Photo Contest

10 posts in this topic

PLEASE READ BEFORE VOTING!!!

Here are the reverse photos.

1. Please vote on your favorite THREE. The top five will move on to the next round, and from that round the winner will be chosen.

2. Because of the excellent photos, here is a challenge to the photographers. Try and pick out your photos, PM me and I'll let you know if you're right! No prize just a personal challenge.

3. Voting will run for one week.

01r.jpg

02r.jpg

03r.jpg

04r.jpg

05r.jpg

06r.jpg

07r.jpg

08r.jpg

09r.png

10r.jpg

11r.jpg

12r.jpg

When voting how should a person vote? Best could mean many things. Some seem to be more sharp, yet lacking the color. Others have more color but are lacking the sharpness a bit. We need to define what we are voting on so people will have a clear view of what to vote for or on. I think we should be voting on what looks the most realistic?

Even if I were to define the rules, I think people would vote how they want to anyhow. I believe the true vote should be a "realistic" vote. And, to answer your question inside your post, yea, there are probably some in there that might stretch the "realistic" sense. But we will all have our opinions. Like I said, at the end, I'll offer my opinion as to which pictures resemble the actual coin.

But, to follow Bobby's statement / question, yea it would be nice if everyone got to see the coin in hand, but that would mean that the contest would have lasted years! And the new owner of the coin would have to wait for years! I don't think anyone wants that.

When voting how should a person vote? Best could mean many things. Some seem to be more sharp, yet lacking the color. Others have more color but are lacking the sharpness a bit.

This quandary nicely complements that which confronts the photographer when determining how to represent such a coin with one shot. There are plenty of nice shots, and for just as many different reasons.