• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show me your PL & DMPL GSA's

13 posts in this topic

Last week I asked you to show me your toned gsa's. This week its DMPL's and

Proof likes. after talking with quite a few knowledgable collectors and dealers,

I have formed my own opinion on gsa pops. It is my opinion that most of the better

(high grade) gsa's have been cracked out. No big surprise I'm sure you are saying.

Dmpls & Toners in high grade were cracked and sent to PCGS & NGC to maximze the profit

to the owner. If you look at the NGC pops of DMPL & PL GSA's you will see that a very

small percentage in original holders exist in any date compared to the same date in PCGS & NGC.

After last weeks show me your toners thread, I was very surprised at how few were offered up.

Thisleads me to think they are much more scarce that their prices reflect, again just my opinion.

I'll start with one from my collection.

3.jpg

POP 7-63's 4-64's no higher

Finding those 78CC PL's or DMPL's is impressive. They are rare in GSA holders. Seeing the filled CC mint mark might tend toward a Vam 2 series or Vam 22. Your 80 looks to be a Vam 6. Are they attributed?

Very good looking GSA's.

Chet