• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Really liking. "When the Opportunity Arises". posted by Kamakazy

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Nothing wrong with taking advantage of an opportunity.

Took a look at the francs and the ducat restrike. Absolutely a nice haul.

I have a couple of Ducat restrikes in my Signature sets. Maybe that will help you decide whether to have them slabbed or not. After those two came back I decided to Safety Deposit the rest ungraded.

As far as your assessment of the equities market, you are absolutely correct there as well. Most of my coin collection has been purchased through gains in the equities markets and sometimes it is painful to get see an opportunity and have to let it go by.

I window shop all the time and I don't buy the rarer coins unless I have it available in cash.

The Humbert, however I had to push out of my comfort zone and spend my budget before I had it. Oh, well, definately was a want that overshadowed needs this purchase. I know I will NEVER get a Humbert 1852 10 at the price that was negotiated today, so cest la vie.

Keep on trucking WKF and great additions to your already astute registry.

See more journals by Kamakazy