• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Official Word on 1999 W Gold Error's yet

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if there has been any official word on the exact number of 1999 W gold coin error's that got out and have the prices Stabilized or are they still crazy?

Thanks

I rather doubt there will ever be an " official " word on the number of coins. The same can be said in regard to any mint error - they just don't know - and there's really no way they could.

As to the prices stabalizing - from what I've seen - no they have not. Unless you call stable being in a $200 dollar range.

I agree with GDJMSP - the best we can probably do is to estimate based on the number of certified coins, since this is the sort of coin that (as long as the owner recognizes it) is more likely to be certified than not.

For some additional info regarding current certified populations, you can check the 1999 W ERROR $5 GOLD EAGLE thread.

Typical current price for an NGC MS69 example of the $5 coin is about $300.