• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snowed in .... in Texas!!

41 posts in this topic

On another note, we were in single digit temperatures last night, 8F or -22C for those of you who run on that temperature. I know sometimes we don't take into account where are temperatures are at for the rest of the world. I don't care where you're at, that's cold, especially when the wind has been blowing 30 mph!! That brings the windchill factors well into the minus!!!

Wow, that's bad for Texas...last night it was 12, but we had 60 mph wind gusts, tonight the wind will be calm, but the temp is supposed to drop to -4...

Just popped in to thaw out my mustache after spending 4 hours digging out my drive. It's warmed up to 13 with a wind chill of minus 2.

Have I mentioned that I HATE snow?

Oh well, back to shoveling. Stupid 50 foot driveway. :mad:

Hi y'all. Just wanted to let you know that it is a gorgeous 75 here in Charleston, with bright blue clear sunny skies, a light breeze, and a warm spring smell in the air. I have all my windows open, and I'm enjoying the first warm day of the year.

Just popped in to thaw out my mustache after spending 4 hours digging out my drive. It's warmed up to 13 with a wind chill of minus 2.

Have I mentioned that I HATE snow?

Oh well, back to shoveling. Stupid 50 foot driveway. :mad:

Chicago

1 P.M (February 1st) Brol driving to work;

3 P.M after traffic in highway checked in in hotel just 2 miles from work, because IT started;

10 P.M went outside - OMFG OMFG; No way I can drive to hotel, because I see snow plow trapped in SNOW! :grin:

11 P.M. Which snow hill is my car??? (shrug)

3 A.M - go to sleep... in a chair, hotel is not sending snow plow to pick up me - said that it's prohibited by law to drive in this weather.

10 A.M I find my car after 1h of shoveling!!! :whee:

1 P.M back to Chicago.

Thank you guys who where cleaning snow from streets all day/all night. I was thinking I'm trapped at work until spring!

Small movie my father in law made yesterday:

Three (3) nights in Houston below freezing, that is a record in my 11 years here. No heat in my office or lab today, they don't know how to warm things up here. Rolling blackouts as several power plants crashed. Our house got it for 45 minutes, no lights working in center Houston. Who says the midwest and east get all the fun!

Gotta love that global warming! (thumbs u

Three hours with a shovel and no problems. Walking back to the house a rose bush catches me across the face. Next thing I know I'm laying on the ground.

Think I may just stay home tomorrow.

It is a chilly 70 degrees here in Kona, Hawaii this morning :cool: We came here this year just to get away from that cold nonsense. Of course going home in 4 weeks will probably put me knee deep in it again. Aloha :headbang:

It is a chilly 70 degrees here in Kona, Hawaii this morning :cool: We came here this year just to get away from that cold nonsense. Of course going home in 4 weeks will probably put me knee deep in it again. Aloha :headbang:

Ok, can you guys please stop this? :mad::grin:

It's sunny warm day - 13F here in Chicago (feels like 1F (taken from weather.com))...