• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lincolns and Walkers posted by CBC

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Illusions and Reality

Looks like the great Lincoln point upgrade was an illusion (error or whatever). I'm happy to see NGC has "corrected" the points back to where they were. I had no takers on my swap offer anyway.

One of my goals for my Walking Liberty halves has been to complete the short set in MS-66 or better. The 1941-S ans 1942-S are the really expensive ones, and I expected it to be a long time before I found what I could afford.

Several months ago, I was surprised to get an unbelievable deal on the 1942-S. It was in a no-reserve auction; I placed a low bid and was outbid at the last minute (as expected). A week later I was notified that the high bidder had failed to complete the transaction and was offered the opportunity to but it at my original bid - at least $200 under what I thought it was worth.

I watched a 1941-S for weeks on an auction site; it never quite met the reserve, even after being re-listed twice. Third time around, I decided to take what I saved on the unbelievable deal on my 1942-S and add it to my bid on the 1941-S.

It arrived yesterday:

8284.jpg

See more journals by CBC