• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will NGC crack-out for me?

4 posts in this topic

I've got several coins I'd like to crack out first and then submit to NGC. I recognize the risk of this vs. submitting for a regrade, and I'm willing to assume that risk. The problem is that I hate cracking coins out myself. It's messing, dangerous sometimes with all that flying plastic, and I don't like risking damaging the coins. What I'd like is a service where I can mail the slabs to NGC and they'll crack them out for me, then send them on to the graders just like any other raw coin. I assume they don't do this now, since I don't see it mentioned anywhere, but it would be a profitable service if you ask me. What do you think, NGC? I assume you'd have to sign a waiver or something clarifying that I understand that the coins may come back graded lower or even body bagged, but I'd be willing to do that.

• Administrator

Thank you for your question.

Yes, NGC will crack out coins for you if you fill out a coin removal consent form and submit it with each invoice. We do not charge for this service when the coins are submitted, but you must sign the waiver. You can find out more information about the NGC Crossover service, as well as download a copy of the coin removal consent form, by clicking on this link.

• Administrator

Yes, we will still crack those out if you fill out the consent form. You would submit coins other than those graded by PCGS under the regular grading tier.

Thank you for your question.