• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking to buy any Key Date coin in PCGS or NGC.

24 posts in this topic

I am interested in buying any key date coin in a NGC or PCGS holder. For instance, please view my post in this forum about the 1921 Walking Liberty.

I am interested in coins such as 1921 WL, 1916D Merc, 1885 V Nickel, 1955/55 Lincoln, 1897S Barber Half, any trade dollar, 1881CC, 1885CC, 1889CC Morgans, etc...

Please PM me.

Thanks Brian

Brian,

Welcome, I'm close by....live in rockford.

What grade's are you looking for?

There are a few '97-S Halve's on eBay....mostly in G/VG if your looking in Fine or better it get's tougher.

If your looking for mint state,try some of the major auction house's. Or, check yahoo (search) for barber halve's,you'll find a few "brick and mortar" store's.

Rob

Hey Rob,

Nice to see a fellow collector so close.

I would probably be looking for something in a VF to EF for a 1897S Barber Half.

I looked on ebay and didnt see anything. I will check again.

Are you going to the Rockford Spring Coin Show? Maybe we can meet up.

Thanks Brian

Good luck on ebay trying to find a nice '97-S, I just don't think they're in that venue. I bought a totally original and essentially perfect '97-S at the Baltimore show. Of course, it is raw and only an F12, but it's a smoker.

Ummmm....errrr....I think you know me well enough by now. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif The attachment is the image of the 1897-S, it was still in its mylar holder at the time and that is what the glare is from around the edge.

435479-I1897S12a.jpg.c1b044f2ffcc0defeb3e62c2d82af477.jpg

Brian,

Yes, I'll be there.

This will be my third one,and sixth overall since I got back into collecting.

I really look forward to going,I learn something everytime I go!

BTW, how's that coin shop in freeport,I heard it's the same guy that own's the one here in Rockford?

It sound's like you collect key date's....don't overlook some of those semi-key date's also. wink.gif

Also, as TomB stated,'97-S in VF/XF will be almost impossible to find on e-Bay in original condition.If you do, expect alot of competition for that coin and plan on throwing out the price sheet's. shocked.gif

Rob

I have only been to the coin shop in Freeport once and the guy was a jerk. I took a 1909svdb in there to get it sent to PCGS and he told me it wasnt worth it. He then tried to offer to buy the coin for 400 hundred dollars. I then found out about the boards online and sent it in and came back as XF-40. I have never been back since.

I go a lot to Don's Coins in Rockton, right by Hononegah High School. Don is very nice.

Do you know what date the Spring Rockford show is?

Brian,

I'm glad to hear the good new's on your S-vdb!

I didn't realize there was a coin shop up in Rockton,fom where I live that is probably less than 10 mile's away!

I assume he is open on saturday, I might have to go up on saturday and take a look around.

As far as the Rockford show I'm guessing that it would be around in june, but that is just a guess.

BTW,did you deal with a guy in freeport that was a "big" guy with a beard...w/black grayish hair.

Do you belong to any of the grading service's to send the coin's in yourself.

Rob

Rob,

The coin shop in Rockton in directly across the street from the Rockton Village Inn Restrauant right on the corner down by that homemade ice cream shop.

The guy I dealt with in Freeport was a skinny guy with no beard. I think you are talking about the sporting card place that deals in coins on the side. The place I am thinking of is called RMB Coins. THe other is Jennings Sports.

I do belong to PCGS and that is where I sent that 1909svdb into on my own. I have another in there right now. Probably EF but hoping for AU.

THanks Brian

Here is the link.

Let me know what you think. I have not yet received this coin. The only thing I was not sure of was the obverse. The seller assures me that those two spots are just a bad scan and not on the coin. I have return previledge so we will see.

Linky

Give me your opinions.

Thanks Brian

The coin looks beautiful. It has the look of a true EF. Too bad they are gouging you on the shipping, but that is a trivial matter. It looks like you came to an off-ebay agreement with the seller, I would think you paid a premium for this piece. As long as the two black spots are on the holder, and I have no reason to believe they are not, then you bought a whale of a coin. smile.gif

Brian,

That looks like a great example for your collection. I hope those spots are not on the coin. If the seller assured you that they aren’t than maybe they are not, but I have to say that they sure look like they are. Let us know if they are on the coin once you receive it.

Congrats and good luck

John

TomB,

I am glad you approve, I thought from the pics I received that it was a great coin as well. I did come to an off ebay agreement with this seller. I did complain about the shipping and he took care of it for me. I paid EF money for this piece so I think I did excellent.

I will certainly let you know about the spots. I am a little worried about it since I do not know the seller. We will see.

Thanks Brian

Brian,

Wow,Congratulation's...that is one nice coin,I'm envious!

There is something about minimal circulated coin's that just intrigue me,beautiful KeyDate coin's being spent for a short period of time then pulled out of circulation for people to see and admire!

With the rest of the post's, I hope the spot's aren't of any worry to you.Otherwise a beautiful coin!

Congrat's again thumbsup2.gif

Rob