• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANACS, YOU FAILED ME. posted by Beaw

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Or how I hoped to turn lemons into lemonade and came away with just a sour taste in my mouth.

Well, to make a long story short, I purchased a 1943-D MS63 Walking Liberty Half back in October or November which I thought was NGC graded. It turns out, I did not pay enough attention to the EbaY AD (I think I have Numismatic ADD) and got an ANACS MS63 1943-D instead. Okay, thats the lemon. So, I decided to unslab the sucker, send it to NGC and get it reslabbed as an NGC 1943-D Walking Liberty. It finally came back today after its 11 week turnaround. Came back as UNC DETAILS. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I hate Details!!! But, it is my fault in the first place and I have to learn to always pay attention when I buy anything on line. So no lemonade, just a mouthful of seeds to spit out.

I do have an enduring belief that there is often a very fine line between MS63 and UNC Details. The coin looks great to me, I would have never known some cheesehead dipped it (or did they?).

Go Steelers!!!

See more journals by Beaw

I'd guess it's worth $25 raw, then. In MS-60, it's only worth $30, so not much damage there. In MS-63, it's about $50. Unfortunately, I'll guess you've invested $20 in slabbing fees. I get the whole registry set thing, but this is probably a coin that never should have been certified in the first place :( .

I think i have the same ebay prob. this last time i thought i scored a nice 1878 2x rev 7feath morgan. It was graded by ICG MS66, which i knew was not really a credit at all but they had to be able to grade somewhat right? wrong. I took the chance paid the 89.99 bid and decided to have it regraded. Even if it dropped three to MS63 I make 20 bucks. Nope, I get it back it the same holder saying it has been improperly cleaned and they wont grade it. Worst buy ever.worth about silver spot.