• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can NGC send coins to NCS for conservation as an option on a new form?

2 posts in this topic

My question is this. I know that if you send a coin to NCS for conservation and after conservation they send the coin onto NGC for Certification if you request it and it falls under the guideline of NCS for grading. My question is this since I have had coins come back certified by NGC with a sticker attached saying that NGC feels the coin may be conserved. I send raw coins to a auction house for certification and selling and on there form for requesting certification they have an extra option that says NGC will send the raw coin to NCS if you want, if they feel conservation would help the coin. Wouldn't if be benifical for collectors if you gave them that choice on you current form for submission? I know that on some coins its obvious if I want conservation, but on some coins it is not so obvious. To save some time and money (both for recertifcation and conservation costs and postage) wouldn't it be benefical for the collector to have this option if NGC puts it on there form instead of sending the slab coin back for conservation and recertification? I know I would use this option and it would certainly be my choice. The collector that does not choice to use it doesn't check the box thats all. Thanks for your time and great service to the collector.

PapaG