• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Presidential Dollars posted by Texan's Coins

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Almost finished.

I ordered the Buchanan and Polk dollars earlier and realized that I am almost caught up with this series. I lack the Abraham Lincoln dollar and the James Monroe dollar in PF 70.

I have been waiting to upgrade my Monroe dollar, because it was a birthday present from a buddy of mine. I won't sell it; just replace it.

As far as the Lincoln dollar, I have felt that it is a little over valued. I think that with the hype from last year's Lincoln pennies, the price is a bit inflated.

But, I thought about it and reminded myself that I am not collecting these coins to make a buck. I am buying them because I enjoy collecting. The thrill of the hunt is exciting and the difficulty of completing a large set such as the Morgan dollars of Kennedy halves really gives you a sense of accomplishment.

So I decided that with my paycheck at the end of the month, I will get the Lincoln and Monroe dollars and be caught up on this set...... until the 2011 coins come out, that is.

Happy collecting!

Marcus

See more journals by Texan's Coins