• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2011 Proof Set w/ a souvenir from mint employee

11 posts in this topic

Well I received my 2 sets of the 2011 Proof Sets today. One to save and one for my Danscos. I was surprised to find a little something extra on one of my quarters.

IMG_5158.jpg

Yep, a hair. Already had to break that set and air it out. Pitiful! I guess they don't wear gloves or hairnets at the Mint either! lol

Wow...Unbelievable!

I would return it with a few choice words about the quality (or lack thereof)!

For what they are now charging for their sets, there is no excuse for this type

of *spoon*. :o

I might have to cut some slack on this one..it looks like an eyelash and it would be pretty difficult to cover your eyes and do the job hm

Still wonder how it got through QC though...but then again, millions and millions of coins, a few miscues are gonna happen..thank goodness for errore collectors.......

Yea it looks like an eyelash to me also. I was gonna go have DNA put on it so I knew who to accuse but blew it off lol literally with my air can. lol Coin still loked nice, no need to return it.

I might have to cut some slack on this one..it looks like an eyelash and it would be pretty difficult to cover your eyes and do the job

Goggles? :)