• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FINALLY A GRADED DENMARK 1836 IFF 2 RBS posted by Iskrona

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

A COIN THAT WAS MINTED FOR ICELAND

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

8231.jpg

See more journals by Iskrona