• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First picture post

18 posts in this topic

Hi all. This will be my first attempt at posting pics here.

I spent all day playing with these. This is my first attempt at using photoshop as well

I just gotta show somebody.Tell me how I did.

1881-sANAMorgan63.jpg

1838-odime.jpg

notredame.jpg

Very nice pics, just a touch dark on the morgan but those are hard to image because they have so much contrast, if you don't already have it, buy Mark Goodman's book on Coin Photography. It will help you fine tune your technique.

Yep, luv that medal!

Nice start. Love those cathedral medals. Add a second light for the dollar.

The bad part is I used two lights!! I just can't get rid of the dark areas on Morgans for some reason.

If anyone can tell me how to do it I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I appreciate it.

If you're willing to part with that '81-S Morgan, just send me a message!

Cheers!

Kirk

p.s. nich job for first time with photoshop, etc. And yes, Mark's coin photography book is a must for any numismatic photographer

Very good photo's. Can you guess how many shots you took for each and did photoshop make a big difference? You will enjoy this board and sharing your collection.

Chet

I took one shot per coin. It's not the first time I've taken pictures, just the first time I've posted them here.

I only used photoshop to crop and add the background. Nothing else was done.