• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wondering the book value of a dime

13 posts in this topic

I have a greysheet that's several months old and shows $300.

1885 is a well-known hoard coin, and it can be a pretty tough sell even at the wholesale level.

Mine, with the $385 price that I mentioned, is not several months old - it's from January (of this year).

The one I have has nice luster with some dark bluish toning on the bottom half.

I've tried to take pictures of it and they all look bad, it almost looks like it is dirty, which isn't the case, in the pictures I took.

I am trying to sell it, I am really short on money this month. If anyone is interested let me know I will try to take some descent pictures of it. If not I will list it on Ebay.

With all due respect I would not describe that example of the 1885 dime as original, but not attractive. I don't think that you will get Gray Sheet bid for it.

This 1891 dime, which NGC graded MS-64, is more like what collectors want, although they would not go ga-ga over it.

1891DimeO-1.jpg1891DimeR-1.jpg

Hi Brian,

I would pay $325 delivered for the coin, done deal if that works for you. Offer good through the end of Tuesday. If you can get more for it than I offered, I will be happy for you.

Please feel free to check with others to see if they think that is a fair price, and to check me out if you don't know who I am.

1885 is a well-known hoard coin, and it can be a pretty tough sell even at the wholesale level.

Mine, with the $385 price that I mentioned, is not several months old - it's from January (of this year).

WOW! Mark, any idea why the sheet would have jumped $85 in only about eight months?

WOW! Mark, any idea why the sheet would have jumped $85 in only about eight months?

None at all, James.