• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newfoundland 1943-C Die Clash Tough Photos

5 posts in this topic

So you might say I have WAY TO MUCH TIME on my hands, but that is really not the case and far from the truth. BUT..... I came across this Newfoundland 1943-C in AU which for me is cool enough. But taking a closer look at the coin I notice that the REV has a wicked die clash. Of course I wanted to be sure so I used my photo program to make a reverse image of the obverse and then overlaid the image over the reverse to see if what I was seeing was actually a die clash. The first image obviously is the overlay and the second image is the reverse with some arrows calling out the die clash. Like usual I took literally 50 pictures trying to get this die clash to photograph. The one here is the best of the bunch. With a 5x magnifying glass and with the coin tilted in the right direction I can see the entire crown across the top above the 5 but sadly it does not show in the photo but you can see the out line of the scallops in the crown going under the 5. Either way I thought this coin was so cool I had to share it with the group.

OH, would NGC be able to slab this and label it as a die clash?

Enjoy

Jim

108462.jpg.abd6d2a5e645fc0e49e111467d188312.jpg

108463.jpg.a4eacf7971e757f198344762967a0195.jpg

"So you might say I have WAY TO MUCH TIME on my hands, but that is really not the case and far from the truth."

That's what he tells his wife at least. :grin:

Judging by the bottom photo I'm pretty sure NGC would label the holder "die clash" if you asked nicely. The crown stamped into the "5" really stands out.

Quite a find, but you had me at AU. Hard to find grade for Newfoundland coins. The die clash is icing on the cake.

I don't believe NGC will label it as die clash. Clashes are pretty common, and while they are very cool, they don't garner much of a premium except in very special cases.

But, neat coin, and cool overlay.