• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cutting a dealer some slack

9 posts in this topic

How much

I have tried to contact a dealer before christams and have since sent two other emails about 2 half cents they have for sale . The site doesn't have pics so I have requested these.

He has two that i really want, in a grade that I want as well

These two together are just short of $2 K so not "super" coins

Would you persue or just move on ?

Martin

If you are truly interested in the coins and they are not readily available elsewhere in a like grade or condition, why allow this obstacle to prevent your acquiring them? Surely, the dealer has a telephone number that works and if not perhaps is not in business any longer. If the price was fair for the grade, date and condition and I wanted the coins, I would make whatever effort to get them. After all, it is Christmas holidays and the dealer may have experienced a family castastrophe that is affecting his actions. Name the dealer and their may be another forum member who knows them and might facilitate the contact. JMO.

Jim

How much

I have tried to contact a dealer before christams and have since sent two other emails about 2 half cents they have for sale . The site doesn't have pics so I have requested these.

He has two that i really want, in a grade that I want as well

These two together are just short of $2 K so not "super" coins

Would you persue or just move on ?

Martin

Unless the price is unbeatable or exceptionally difficult to locate in the desired state, I would move on. There are probably several more out there, even with more esoteric issues such as half cents.

It could be that your emails are being sent to the trash folder by the dealer's email program, but in a case where the coin is not spectacularly difficult to obtain you can just move on.