• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auction vs online purchase?

2 posts in this topic

I enjoy the auctions because sometimes you can get a coin for a super price. My biggest victories were a 1880-S MS67DPL for $2,000. The second was a steal my wife got.. she paid $600 for a 1904-0 MS66PL. Ebay is a decent auction site. Most sellers on there price gouge, keep your eyes pealed. Heritage is a good auction house but you have to watch the buyers premium... make sure you factor that into your budget. Online coin stores are not too bad. The downside to the online stores is the selection. Some sites have the same old stuff. Other sites update regularly with new stuff.

My wife rules the world of flea markets. She has an amazing ability to seek out the innocent old ladies that are selling old cigar boxes of coins. She bought me two coins, 1856-O and a 1858-O half. She paid $40 for both. These coins are AU55 easily. Food for thought.