• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christmas Present posted by sethwells

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

and a story

About a week before christmas I came apon an auction on ebay for a coin I have wanted for years but could never find an auction, only buy it now prices that are WAY over the FMV. When I came apon this auction it was around $500 so I put in a max bid of $800 and the FMV is $830. I ended up winning the auction for $711.56 and there was $5.95 shipping. After I paid for the coin the seller marked it shipped 2 days later but didnt upload any tracking so I shot him an email asking for the tracking info. No response so the next day I repeated my email. Still no response. I like to be home the day a package is to arrive, so its important to me to know when it will be coming. Ebay's shipping estimate was fast approaching and so I shot out one last email for him to respond to. Finally he responded with my tracking info and told me the reason he didnt respond was because he was talking the seller into actually going through with the auction because it didnt sell for what they were hoping for. The coin came 2 days later and I was happy to have my coin. The packaging was basic and the label said it cost him $2.36 and he didnt use the remaining money for insurance. I left positive feedback with not full 5 stars on communication and shipping price. My written feedback stated this, "True Auctions are the best!" Which to me is honest and actually positive in nature. He sent me an email telling me that my feedback was not appropriate and that I was blocked from bidding on any other of his auctions.

Im unsure what I did wrong. I feel feedback is suppose to be where you share what happened and thats exactly what I did. He left positive feedback for me and I left positive feedback for him yet im still blocked. He also told me that I basically won/stole the auction and I told him anyone who starts a high value coin at $.99 with no reserve can not complain when it doesnt sell for what they are hoping for. I think the seller just had seller remorse and all I can say is sometimes you get a deal.

8123.jpg

See more journals by sethwells