• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FUN Show Submissions

5 posts in this topic

If you're cheapfrugal like me, you hold on to your "5-free gradings" certificate you get when you renew your membership and submit the coins at the show to save on the shipping & insurance.

This time, I'm submitting a hodgepodge of items...........

> 4 Accented Hair Kennedy's and a 1978 National Medal will go to NGC after conservation at NCS.

> 5 Morgans

> 2 Morgans reholdered for the VAM attribution - one is a "Top-100" and one is the "Hit List 40" which is the newest addition that NGC will attribute effective January 1, 2011.

> I'm having my 2001-D Kennedy Missing the Clad Layer reholdered in the EdgeView holder because it's "cocked" in the old slab and doesn't look good.

> 42 ANA Convention medals - these are the 3-medal, numbered sets (38mm silver, 38mm bronze & 19mm bronze) for the years 1969-1982.

> A dime blank (not a planchet) - It's the copper blank without the nickel plating. I'm not sure if this will pass muster, but I'm hoping.

I don't even know where to begin filling out the submission forms, so I'll just wait until I go to the show and have the NGC staff help me.

Chris

I don't blame you on the shipping and insurance costs. At the end of last year's FUN show I found a beautiful 1903 McKinley gold dollar with wonderful, warm coppery toning, P-L surfaces and virtually no marks. It was a very high end MS-64 IMO. Unfortunately the PCGS case that held it was scratched, and had had some sort of sticker put on it that had damaged the plastic. I could see enough of the coin to know that it was a nice piece, but the case ruined it for me.

Unfortunately it was too late to have PCGS re-holdered it at the show, and I had to submit it to them there to shipped to me later. Overall the re-holdering fee plus the shipping ONE WAY cost me over $42!!!!! :mad:(shrug) The coin had a declared shipping value of only $1,100.

It will make me think twice before I buy another coin in bum holder.

1903McKinleyO.jpg1903McKinleyR.jpg

I have one Morgan I need to have graded but I think I have to submit 5 coins unless I pay for express which costs me $50 + $20 for shipping and insurance...hence the reason I still have it raw as I just can't see paying $70+ shipping there for a coin I paid $370 for?

I have one Morgan I need to have graded but I think I have to submit 5 coins unless I pay for express which costs me $50 + $20 for shipping and insurance...hence the reason I still have it raw as I just can't see paying $70+ shipping there for a coin I paid $370 for?

PM sent!

Chris