• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This small cent is stunning

7 posts in this topic

2010 wasn't a big error purchasing year for me as I just didn't see a lot that caught my eye. I have however wanted a solid copper cent die cap forever and I've only seen 4-5 offered in the last 5 years and a few had issues and wouldn't slab. There's a Wheatie era obverse die cap available for about $5K but since any trace of the reverse has been obliterated from multi strikes it wasn't something I was ready for either. This deep obverse cooper die cap example was like the perfect bowl for porridge compared to the others as it also has a really neat full mirror reverse brockage which expanded to jumbo size as it mushroomed between strikes.

Enjoy! :)

2vx58w6.jpg

Has Charmy seen that? She'd be jealous!! :)

No not yet...

I saw it about 3+ weeks ago and made an offer but the dealer couldn't find it, as it wasn't sold, just misplaced between shows.

I wrote it off, but guess there is a Santa Claus as I got an email tonight that it was found and mine if I still wanted it. :banana: