• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another addition posted by TPETERS

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

More points!!

Hi,

First, let start off with my very best wishes for a joyous holiday season to everyone!!

Now, on point (no pun intended),

Just checked out my homepage and for the second time in 2 weeks I have free points!! 2,091 more than I had before noon!

Not that I mind the change in score but, I looked at the coin that got the most change in points. I am by no means "up" on gold coins as they are out of reach for me right now, the $5 Gold Eagle 2009 MS70ER is not a rare coin. According to the info there were 22,130 in MS70. Yes 22,130 coins at 70!!! WOW! With that info, you would not think that the point value would be all the high. If you look at a 2007 MS70ER there were 7500 graded at 70. I would think a higher point value probably.

With that in mind the points for a 2009 are now 2754 points!!!

With that in mind the points for a 2007 are now 527 points!!!

I am extremely confused?????? If anyone can shed some light as to why this situation exists, I would appreciate it.

I like to add points to my score, but I prefer to add them on my own merits. I have no problem with the point system being periodically reviewed and adjusted. But the number of certified "usually" has a certain amount of correlation to the "rarity" of the coin, in regaurd to the number of points a coin gets.

C'mon, a 2009 $5 Gold coin worth 2754 points!! lol!

Seasons Best to all!!!,

Todd

See more journals by TPETERS