• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The year is almost over posted by moondoggy

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Some last minute thoughts and goals for the coming year ....

Holiday greetings all;

As the year draws to a close I sit here and reflect on the past year and where my collections were at the start of the year and where they ended up as the year closes. I was fortunate enough to not only complete my Kennedy collection, but advance it with upgrades of numerous acquisitions. My goal for the coming year with this collection is to continue upgrading the Kennedy's as I can....

Another good fortune was starting and completing my Ike collection. Not a major collection to be sure but one I am proud of. Upgrading this is not in my plans for the immediate future. So status quo with the Ike's

The ASE proofs finally get a breath of life as the 2010's have arrived. A great addition for many here. Will add mine after Xmas. Let's all hope somehow the mint can learn and not repeat the same mistake. Again, completing this collection is a dream as the 1995 W will in all probability will remain blank. Still a nice collection to be proud of.

Still talking of the ASE only the other collection is the Mint State's. This is one I am looking forward to completing as near as I can in 2011. With the cost of the 2008 rev 07 and its falling FMV I will lay off that particular coin for now till it's falling value level's out. I will try to add a mixture of 69's and 70's.

My last, but certainly not my least collection, my Morgans. They are always in my acquisition thinking. If luck be the lady then hopefully I can add a handful in the coming year.

Now, that just leaves me with what "NEW" competitive collection to start in the new year. I am leaning towards one coin but am still contemplating a few others.

I end this particular journal with a warm wish for all during the holiday season.

I have attached one of my "other" coins (not) in any of my collections here at NGC. Just a really nice Lincoln cent.

Merry Christmas

Moondoggy

8094.jpg

See more journals by moondoggy