• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Conserving PCGS coins

5 posts in this topic

Will NCS accept a PCGS coin for conservation? I have a 1976 silver Kennedy half in PCGS PF-69 DCAM that is developing some bluish toning in the reverse fields.

I know this is a modern and relatively inexpensive proof, but I like it due to its DCAM/Ultra ++ cameo contrast and eye appeal.

Thank you and have the best of holidays.

A coin that is submitted to NCS in a PCGS holder will first be evaluated to look at two things. First, as with any raw coin, the evaluators will look to see that conservation work would be beneficial to the coin and secondly, the evaluators will make an attempt to predict the grade to ensure that at least the currently stated grade will maintained following conservation.

If the evaluators feel there is significant risk to the grade of the coin or if conservation would not be a benefit, the coin will be returned to you in the original PCGS holder.

Chris, NCS

I am considering purchasing a Russian Imperial silver 5 kopek that is uncirculated with the exception of a fingerprint. The fingerprint shows up in scans and there is no other toning on the coin. Can the fingerprint be removed by you? I have had many others, silver 5 kopeks, conserved by you with great success, just never a fingerprint.

cvcc