• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Exceedingly Rare "Albino" Buffalo Nickel

12 posts in this topic

Wow! A true rarity on Ebay:

Wow! 893whatthe.gif

laughy.gif

After going thru a good number of auctions on Ebay tonight and looking at coins with really crappy pictures this one just "took the cake". Sorry, but I usually don't post things like this but how exactly do sellers expect to sell material using pictures like this? Blind buyers? Or should I say "blinding" buyers? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

EDIT:

Here's another classic:

Unbelievable

jom

You have it all wrong jom! These people are only selling ghosts of buffalo nickels, not actual nickels! insane.gif

Hoot

I just wonder sometimes what these guys are thinking. They use all these whoop-tee-doo selling features on Ebay, use lavish adjectives to sell their coin and end up using a picture that looks like it was taken a mile away.

Boggels the mind.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

jom

The second seller has this way with pictures quite often. I just shake my head and wonder what the heck they think they are accomplishing with such a bad picture. Perhaps the promise of an image draws more traffic to the auction, however, the poor quality is bound to insult many potential bidders.

Tom,

I have noticed the same thing with the second seller a number of times. I will see an auction title listing a coin that I would be very interested in, only to click on the auction and find that it is this same seller with these too small, too dark images of the coin. 893frustrated.gif

His descriptions make the coins sound great, but from what you can make out in the images, the coins don’t match the descriptions. confused-smiley-013.gif

I can tell you that he has lost sales to me a few times because of this.

John

the poor quality is bound to insult many potential bidders.

I'm not sure if it "insults" anyone but it makes you think twice about bidding. In fact, I will NOT bid at all unless the picture is REAL good. I don't like wasting time sending coins back and forth so I will simply not bid.

These types of auctions are essentially sight-unseen and I do NOT buy coins sight-unseen.

jom

Another Ebay classic:

Auction

I couldn't help it. I had to bring this back up. I boggles my mind how any seller can put up pictures like this and expect to sell a coin. This is an MS67 Buffalo that they want $7500 for. Are your freaking kidding me?!! It's like trying to sell your house by pulling a one line ad National Enquirer. How can you expect anyone to want to buy this with a picture like that? Why even bother? Boy, I sure can tell the coin is "incredible", can't you? 27_laughing.gif

jom

Jom,

I agree. IMO this seller has some of the worst pictures I have ever seen in an auction, too small, too dark, and out of focus. He lists some desirable coins, but I have never bid on any of them due to his terrible photos.

John