• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accented Hair Kennedy: FS-103 vs. FS-401

5 posts in this topic

Before I begin, I want to say that this is one of those instances where I don't really care whether or not the value of the coin justifies the expense of certification.

I'm in the process of readying a submission for NGC at the FUN Show next month. Four of the coins are the 1964 PF Kennedy with Accented Hair, FS-103. In addition to the Accented Hair and the broken "I", this variety also has the DDO with the doubling on IGWT, LIBERTY, the date and the hair at the top of his head. The FS-401 has only the A/H and the broken "I".

I've never seen, in-hand, a specimen of the FS-401, and I noted that the CPG gives identical values to both varieties. Why is this? If the FS-401 is scarcer, you would think that it would have a higher value. If the availability of the FS-401 is comparable to the FS-103, I wonder why the FS-103 wouldn't have a higher value because of the DDO.

Can anyone give me a plausible explanation for this? Does anyone have a specimen of each? If not, which variety do you have?

Thanks!

Chris

Variety prices are all over the place. You never know what they will bring at auction. Less folks know of and look for the DDO A/H. I think that will change over time but some varieties just never gain in popularity.