• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DIE CRACKED NGC PF-70 COINS THAT HAVE BEEN GRADED PERFECT

11 posts in this topic

I would like to start a discussion on perfect proof errors such as the subject of this thread on die cracked PF-70 coins. I know NGC has graded some coins like this how can we find them and post pictures of them here? Let's talk about which one would you prefer and why. Since both would be rare coins which one should be more rare? I mean since they are both perfect and rare wouldn't you want the more rare coin?

I don't know about "perfect" die cracks, but I do have the 2005 KS Silver SQ Mint Error that is NGC PF70UCAM. It has a die gouge on the butt of the bison. There were only 12 of these reported from the Mint, but I don't know if any of the others have ever been graded.

I can imagine that a coin with a die crack could get a 70 if everything else was perfect, but I wouldn't dwell as much on the rarity as I would the "cool factor".

Chris

I don't know about "perfect" die cracks, but I do have the 2005 KS Silver SQ Mint Error that is NGC PF70UCAM. It has a die gouge on the butt of the bison. There were only 12 of these reported from the Mint, but I don't know if any of the others have ever been graded.

I can imagine that a coin with a die crack could get a 70 if everything else was perfect, but I wouldn't dwell as much on the rarity as I would the "cool factor".

Chris

What about "Cool Rare Factor" (CRF) or how about a CRF designstion?? Certainly that should demand a premium. Can you post an image of your cool coin?

Chris

What about "Cool Rare Factor" (CRF) or how about a CRF designstion?? Certainly that should demand a premium. Can you post an image of your cool coin?

Please, let's not add any more descriptive acronyms. We have enough already.

107005.jpg.21a36e1be9f0af1d1e8894af5802e8b9.jpg

107006.jpg.26c6cf81721ea9e919f94457fb98ec87.jpg

107007.jpg.92895855d9834d54dfb241fd48b69dea.jpg

I have some near perfect 69 DCAM proof errors, but this is the only one that was formally a NGC 70 DCAM 90% Silver from a Prestige Proof Set.

35bh5hx.jpg

Have NGC crack it out and regrade it!

That buffalo looks like it has a hernia.

It looks like a horse's hoof, and he kicked him right where the sun doesn't shine and almost went through his hide.

Chris

That buffalo looks like it has a hernia.

It looks like a horse's hoof, and he kicked him right where the sun doesn't shine and almost went through his hide.

Chris

Maybe it is a pregnant buffalo and the baby is kicking inside?