• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to Find a Large Medal Holder?

7 posts in this topic

I have a medal that is 42mm in diameter but is 5.77 mm thick, more than any other coin or medal I own. I am looking for an equivalent of an AirTite or Kointains capsule for the medal. Does anyone know where I can start?

THANKS!

Scott

If you can't find something like an AirTite, maybe you could contact Capital Plastics to have them make a 3-part case for you. You could even have the info embossed on the inner section.

I'm curious! What is the medal?

Chris

Yes, my Libertas Americana medal in a Capital Plastics holder I had them make for me years ago. It was not cheap, and it's definitely worth it. The holder has two white plastic inner pieces with the front an back in clear plastic. It holds the medal very well, but you need to give them precise measurements. You can also buy fitting tool from Capital Plastics to make minor adjustments to the holder. Just make sure you don't over do it because too large hole is a real problem.

If you can't find something like an AirTite, maybe you could contact Capital Plastics to have them make a 3-part case for you. You could even have the info embossed on the inner section.

I'm curious! What is the medal?

Chris

Sorry for the delay... I'm still recovering from my hospital stay. If there's one place you don't want to be is the hospital You can't recover there... let alone sleep! I still don't understand why they had to wake me up at 4am to take my "vitals!" Couldn't it wait two hours? At least then I would be awake for the only half-decent meal they served during the day!!

Anyway... the medal is for the 50th Anniversary of the Montgomery County Coin Club, which I was once president of. The medal was made many years ago in pewter of our logo (the center is the reverse of the Maryland Tercentenary). We had 50 gold plated with the 50th Anniversary sticker on the back and sold them to members and anyone else interested.

Please excuse the bad photography for this one.

BTW... if you are interested in purchasing a medal, they are $25 each. Send me a PM and I'll tell you how to get one.

Scott

107165.jpg.9114c7ecb9ef0355a02d26e5e5995a61.jpg