• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pricing for Roosevelt FT and Jefferson FS

4 posts in this topic

I was wondering if NGC had plans to add common designations to their new and improve "price list". I have a several graded coins (a few near top pop) in the above mentioned designations as well as some by the other top grading comapany. I wonder since there is a very obvious difference in value whether NGC might off these within their price guide? It would seem that if such pricing existed, more collectors would submit to NGC when targeting these varieties? Thank you.

• Administrator

Thank you for the suggestion.

We may add such designations in the future as we continue to improve our price guide. Our immediate plan is to add values for some of the major VAM varieties, but in the future different designations and varieties may be added.

Has NGC/Numismedia ever thought about allowing collectors to research the auction prices, come up with estimates, and submit these estimates for review to expedite the process? I know that many collectors, including myself, would be interested in helping.

• Administrator

Dear coinman_23885,

NGC is currently reviewing adding auction prices realized to our price guide. Since the prices are reported by NumisMedia, you might want to direct your suggestion to them on the Ask NumisMedia forum on the NGC Chat Boards.

Thank you for your question.