• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade Opinion 1827 Capped Bust Overton?

10 posts in this topic

That is a terrible/dangerous image upon which to base a grading opinion and/or a buying decision.

That said, I would guess it is an AU coin that has been dipped or otherwise cleaned.

Time to bring this thread to an end. I've just begun collecting Capped Bust Halfs. It will be an interesting journey. I will post pics when I receive coin in hand. Attached are the pics from Heritage Houston Auction.

1827slab.jpg

1827naturalR.jpg

Haven't seen it in hand yet. I see exactly what you see, so I'm hoping it's a scan. I don't know if Heritage uses scans or not. When the coin arrives I'll post photos to get opinions. I'll also take it to some trusted local dealers to help me decide if it's a keeper.

$ilverHawk

It is a typical washed out Heritage digital photo , I do not think they use scans now. I adjusted the contrast a bit .

I think the coin is nice , it was probably dipped at one point as most Bust Half dollars were at some point . A dip on a MS coin does not bother me as long as there is a resaonable amount of original skin left. Hopefully this one has nice luster , let us know how it looks when you have the coin in hand.

107008.jpg.975b94e1e16c3f015d710e65183e8f66.jpg

107009.jpg.9e8078be4cae513eb0c077a1c58ee1d4.jpg