• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2010 In Review posted by Texans Coins

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

It was a fun year.

I would like to take a few minutes to jot down some thoughts about my collecting this year. I count myself blessed that in a tumultuous economy, I was able to continue collecting, albeit in a diminished capacity.

I had set a goal at the beginning of the year to amass 20,000 registry points. It appears I will fall a little short of that goal, but I made great strides. It's a lot of fun to compete against other collectors pursuing their love of the hobby.

I anticipate being able to finish my PF69 State Quarter Set. I have some coins in the mail to me that I should receive this week. After that, I am just 15 coins short, including the dreaded 1999 Silver set. It will be nice to finally have a complete certified set though.

Something I had not anticipated this year was starting a new set. However, I purchased my first certified Morgan Dollar. I was surprised at the weight of it compared to my quarters or pennies or halves. Also, I think we can all agree that it is a great looking coin. I think once I finish my State Quarters and Presidential Dollars, I am going to devote some time to Lady Liberty.

To all of you that I had the pleasure of talking to throughout the year, I hope the holidays treat you well. For those that I have not met, yet I hope we get to converse in the near future.

Happy Holidays to all!

Happy Collecting.

See more journals by Texans Coins