• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another "fake or real" eBay question ... an odd one this time

11 posts in this topic

I know nothing about this coin and Conder Tokens in general---but I will be researching. If not some type of restrike, what astounds me is that we have a 220+ year old copper coin with absolutely no oxidation.

Enlighten me, this has to be a restrike?

If original, I'd love to have that coin.

$ilverHawk

it does have an odd overall look to it but it might just be the angle of the photo and lighting

and for the price sold i dont think?? could be wrong but i dont think it is worth it for the chinese to counterfeit this coin

but i bet they could do some really good ones if they tried

My best guess is that the Conder token is real.

I've so far avoided this seller due to the lighting and angles he uses in most of the tokens he sells. Occasionally he does take quality straight on photos with good lighting so he can do so if he wants. The seller has listed quite a number of great tokens over the years.

I for one don't care to much for the sellers e-bay handle "rapunzelled"

Is this some sort of street slang for all your left holding is a handful of hair.

"You been repunzelled dude!"

First of all, the seller is a she, not a he. And I am pretty sure the token is real, as she is a real collector.

I bought a D&H 432 (Pidcock's 1/2P) from her a while back, ex-Alan Davisson and pretty rare with only about 75 struck.

NGC certified it as AU58BN, here it is...

2761461_004off.jpg

2761461_004rff.jpg

I truly believe she is merely trying to be creative with her photos, which some may interpret as misleading.

Why do I suddenly hear Elvis singing "Suspicious Minds"? :grin:

...could be wrong, but i dont think it is worth it for the chinese to counterfeit this coin. But I bet they could do some really good ones if they tried...

Michael, please don't give them any ideas.

HiHo, interesting to hear that the seller is a woman. I agree, she has a collectors heart as I have seen her sell some very nice tokens over the years. And I remember losing out on many items to her before ebay took to hiding the winners names.

I would gladly bid on her auctions if she would just stop with the art photos of her tokens. The lighting and angles she likes to use makes it too easy to hide bad surfaces and color. I'm well known for taking risks on my bidding on ebay but not at the $100+ level. :(