• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1959 PL franklin :)

8 posts in this topic

Pulled this one from a set i purchased not to long ago. Ive owned a few of these but this one imo is the best ive seen personally so far. It would have a HUGE shot at FBL if it wasnt for the mark on the left part of the lower lines :(. Excuse the terrible pics but they give you an idea :)

DSCN2401.jpg

DSCN2402.jpg

Submit it to NGC and see what they say. I've been finding it very difficult to actually score a PL from them - even on coins which I think should be a lock.

Next submission im going to send it. I know you have seen many of these as well. Is it just me or is this one have a much nicer reverse strike than usual? I remember all the ones ive seen they tend to have a flat reverse.

That seems to be a fairly standard strike. You may be getting fooled by the sharpness of the eagle - remember, the Type II eagle is much stronger than a regular Type I reverse. Looking at the bell lines, Pass and Stow, and wood grain, the details appear to be about what I would expect from an average strike on a 1959.

decent looking pl franklin

neat heavy die polish on obverse left field and above God

looks like a decent unc. coin and again prooflike qualities

good luck at ngc if you decide to submit

Just my opinion, but I doubt this will get a PL attribution from any TPG.

Many scratches on the obverse can be seen across the cheek area, the head, and the field. I would say a mid-range MS as a grade guess, but PL is a long reach.

Just my opinion, but I doubt this will get a PL attribution from any TPG.

Many scratches on the obverse can be seen across the cheek area, the head, and the field. I would say a mid-range MS as a grade guess, but PL is a long reach.

The scratches in the field is due to die polish. I will agree after looking at it for a couple of days now i think it may fall short due to the obverse not being as strongly mirrored as the reverse :(