• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealer for a day....

5 posts in this topic

but seriously folks, I have the will and the way to be dealer for a day, well atleast co- dealer for a day.

Has anyone done this? Advice? What to look out for?

One of my New Years Resolutions was to be a dealer for a day to see what it's like, make connections...etc. I'm hoping to accomplish this in the next month or two. Thoughts?

Thanks

Dave

Dave,

Great idea! You will gain invaluable experience and it will stay with you in future purchases. Know the market and know what you have in the coin. Decide if you want to sell retail or wholesale or a little of both and try to be where there will be decent retail traffic. Good luck, Dave.

p.s. That was a cool die crack.

I'm still mulling the idea but it can be a done deal if I really want to do it. I already have a good rapport with a few of the local dealers who are at the shows and it has helped me to get really good prices.

The die crack... I'm still going through the bag and I've come across a few of them. I'm hoping I come across a coin in the bag that blows my mind, although between the extra metal on the "T" and the Die Crack, I'm more than blown away already.

Dave

Although I probably have enough stock now, I'd like to get some of the mint bags I have rolled and a few raw coins graded before I set out on this exciting journey. Hopefully I can set something up two months from now and see what it's like. Hopefully I can report then exactly what it was like.

Dave