• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I really THAT DUMB ?? posted by J Lloyd Young

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Adding a coin to an Existing Custom Set today made me feel like I wasn't too smart ...........

Being on vacation yet again gave me a chance on a lazy Sunday afternoon to poke around in my better organized collection ( thanks to that LAST vacation 4 weeks ago ) and make some decisions . One was to add an ANACS graded coin to my sole existing custom set .I had actually kinda forgotten I even had this coin to be honest . But there I found it today right in front of a large stack of ANACS coins with no particular purpose .....so I proceeded tonight to first ADD the coin then to attempt to ADD the coin into my custom set . The entire experiance left me feeling DUMB . And yes Virginia ....I DID click HELP when my ailing male pride was scraping the bottom of the internet barrel . Despite the simple looking HELP instructions I still had more difficulty than I feel like it should have entailed .

I have found adding a coin to a Competitive Set is a piece of cake . Adding ADDITIONAL coins to an existing custom set requires a bit more effort , intelligence , luck or divine intervention .

Or ...am I really that DUMB ?

Does anyone else have experiances they wish to relate ?

PS: I will add that once the deed is accomplished that it's great to have such a large area to add descriptions about a particular coin . That's the positive in my opinion .

PSS : And NO I really don't get a vacation every 30 days . I had to skip one this summer due to a very stressful business re-location leaving me to take two of them 4 weeks apart :)

7958.JPG

See more journals by J Lloyd Young

The new software allows you to add any coin to your collection manager. You can even add it to one of your sets, but the kicker is your set will only display NGC and PCGS slabs. There are work-arounds though. For instance I have a commemorative coin that is sealed in a special envelope that I did not want to get certified, but I wanted it to show in my set. What I did is take a no-grade/improperly cleaned number I had from a past submission and enter it into my set. Then I just plugged the pictures and owner descriptions I wanted. Check out my "Inspirational Ladies" custom set coin number

Historical UNITED STATES 50C 1900 S NGC 2531714-001. The slot says the coin is a 1900-S Barber Half that was improperly cleaned. The coin that it is proxying for is a Philippines 25 Peso commemorating Corazon Aquino's working visit to Washington DC in 1986. The reverse features a bust of Ronald Reagan.

Gary

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/WCM/CoinView.aspx?sc=28485

:idea: