• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newest arrival 2 Zlote posted by Thunaer

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Animals of the world series continues.

My somewhat small collection of NGC graded 2Zlote Polish coins just received a newest addition, 1998 2z, Toad.

I tried to keep this one brief but.. well see for Yourself.

I hope You like it. Larger photo is available from set view (200KB limit there, 75KB here).

In my last journal I have shown the 2001 2Zlote Butterfly, today a few words about the series.

Since 1996 aside standard circulation 2Zlote coins, there are issued semi-circulation 2 Zlote coins minted in Nordic Gold (89% copper, 5% aluminum, 5% zinc, 1% tin). Why semi-circulation... in theory those are intended for circulation, in practice, many never make it into circulation.

Within the NG 2PLN series, many sub-series or themes exist. Some of which are rulers of Poland, Polish castles, crests of states, and many more.

Last but not least is the series of animals of the world, one of 4 original and my favorite series. There's one issue of this series annually. 15 issues to date.

This here is 3rd coin of series, low mintage of 400 thousand, and as it was with butterfly, just handful made their way to NGC (31 pieces)

In the first year NG's were issued, there were only 4 emissions and mintage was scarce (200 and 300 thousand pcs), to give better contrast, there was no emission of less than 1 million pcs in past 3 years. and for past 3 years there were about 20 issues per year...

As it was with Butterfly and any other coin from that series, getting it graded by NGC (or PCGS) is a different story, one for another journal.

Best wishes and happy collecting to You all,

Thunaer

7952.jpg

See more journals by Thunaer