• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tough Find posted by Congo Kid

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Another very tough addition to my collection!

I just added a great and very rare new piece to my Belgian Congo collection. It is a 1917 (H) 5 Centimes in Proof. It is graded NGC SP65 and super rare. I have been looking for one for the past decade and this is the first I have seen for sale and was lucky enough to buy it. I almost missed it somehow, as I did not notice it for sale in the World Coin News and almost recycled my paper but relooked for some reason and bam!, right there in an add and somehow it was still available. I was very happy to add this lovely coin to my set.

Bad news is that I tried to update my list here to add this coin and it disappeared. I have an email in the NGC to try to help me fix this issue. They usually respond very quickly yo problems I have. Anyone else frustrated with the new format here for signature sets?

7940.jpg

See more journals by Congo Kid

Thats a wonderful find Scott.... Congrad's on adding this rarity to your collection. I myself added a few Icelandic rare coins to my set like a MS-63 1925 2 Kronur and the 1940 proof set from Iceland ,,all of them was graded by NGC. Since I spoke to you last.

I used to have my set on NGC ,but I was having so much trouble with it so one day i just deleted it all and said to myself that when they get all the bugs out I will redo it again....I guess they are still having problems with it.

Gudni (Tony)