• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NO SALE !! posted by D.T.B.

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

think you want to sell,,think again

I recently decided to part with an ungraded set of Peace dollars to help further my Morgan collection. I thought long and hard about this and came to the conclusion, that this was for the greater good. I did a rough grade of each coin to figure a starting price for the online auction. Then I listed them for sale and waited. During the auction I received several questions about the coins, which made me sit down and study them more than I ever had. The auction was nearing the end and no bids had been placed. I started to regret ever thinking it was a good idea to sell these coins in the first place. Thirty minutes seemed like and eternity. I watched as each second tick off, and finally the auction was over and to my joy, the coins were still mine.

It looks like I will be building a graded set of Peace dollars now, in addition to my Morgan collection. I valued them more than I knew, and loosing them would have been tragic. I have never been so relieved to have a no sale. It is a lesson lived and learned.

See more journals by D.T.B.