• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two new Pidcock's Exhibition (London) Conder Tokens

9 posts in this topic

Cool tokens and show, HiHo!

Two questions come to mind.

Was it easy to override the NGC images with your own?

For tokens slabbed but ungraded due to environmental damage, does that mean (or could that mean) that there is active PVC or corrosive action on the piece?

yarm

Yarm -

I had no problem uploading my images as long as they were under the maximum size allowed by NGC.

I don't think that NGC certifies coins with active PVC damage. Usually "Environmental Damage" implies exposure to water or something that left the surface pitted and or discolored. That's how I understand it at least.

NGC rejected one of my Pidcock's tokens, a rare D&H-446, as NOT SUITABLE FOR CERTIFICATION. Granted, it was harshly cleaned and has an enormous planchet crack but it is genuine. An ugly duckling, but genuine nevertheless. It's actually one of my favorite Conder tokens. It has.....personality.

I'm going to start a thread later with photos and let the Collectors Society members vote. If I get enough votes perhaps NGC will re-consider and allow it into an Edgeview. I just want to display it in the Pidcock's set.

Good eyes. They are definitely MS and not Proof issues.

The new Collection Manager is excellent but it still has a few bugs here and there. It's free so I don't complain. :whistle:

I recently picked up one and perhaps two new Pidcock's farthings. Photos to follow once I receive them.