• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One Last Extremely Tough NEW ZEALAND 3 Pence Beauty !! posted by J Lloyd Young

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

this coin is just too nice to pass up sharing .....

First ....I DO hope the picture that I am adding to this journal comes thru ok and the coin image appears large enough to make out the date and detail . This beautiful 1942 New Zealand 3 Pence , One Dot Variety , is also headed to NGC this coming week . The coin appears to me to be in about AU-55 ( that's my personal bet anyways ) .

Of the mintage of around 3.12 million there were only about 250 thousand of these very small silver coins released with one dot ....making them a highly sought after coin to New Zealand Collectors I would imagine . The story of how this particular coin ended up in my hands in the United States is largely incomplete ....but for my part I saw in my favorite coin shop well over 10 years ago and immediately made an offer to purchase it for around $40.00 US , give or take a bit .

When this coin arrives back to me I plan to place it in my Low Mintage World Coin slot .

Thanks for Reading and have a great weekend .......

7890.JPG

See more journals by J Lloyd Young