• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how to get a coin added to the registry

2 posts in this topic

I posted this question in the registry section but thought I may need to ask it here also since this one will probably get noticed faster by the moderators or the powers that be

There has been a new 1878 B1 Reverse Morgan discovered and has been given the VAM# as VAM-85 by Leroy Van Allen and was wondering that since Collectors Society has a B1 reverse registry set will this one be added to this registry set and NGC attribute the VAM-85? here is the VAM information on VAMworld http://www.vamworld.com/1878-P+VAM-85 and this discovery coin is currently in a NGC MS-64DPL holder just labeled as a 1878 7TF Rev of 1878. Any information would be appreciated or if someone could tell me who I should contact if this isn't the correct place would be appreciated also

This is the first additional die marriage to be added to the B1 Reverse Morgans in 45 years so it is a pretty important VAM . I know it can get crossed to ANACS but was wondering if since there is a specific B1 Reverse registry set on CollectorsSociety registry that NGC may attribute it as well on the holder

• Administrator

We currently do not recognize VAM-85 as part of our VarietyPlus program. While we only build VAM registry sets around coins in VarietyPlus, you may build a custom set with this coin in it. For more information on VarietyPlus check out this link link.

Thanks for your question.