• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Collectable STUFF right in Pocket Change !!! posted by J Lloyd Young

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Keeping your eyes open pays off again ...and again ....

I enjoyed reading W.K.F's entry about those smooth edge bank roll

finds ....having just got home from work I had a find of my own today ...one 1935-F $1.00 Silver Certificate . Yes there really WAS indeed a time where paper money could really be exchanged for a " hard asset "...real tangible money .

Since March I have enjoyed numerous finds at work including several 1955-D/S Nickels , a reed seal $100.00 bill from the 60's that retails in VF for $140.00 , a 1922-P Peace Dollar , and lots of misc silver 90% , 40% and Canadian 80% as well .

While my relative position does help , keeping my eyes and ears open for opportunity does too . There have been many times at the bank I have heard the distinctive sound of silver coins being dropped and made it a point to get behind the person dropping them for deposit .

As W.K.F pointed out as well , one truly CAN find and collect real treasures at a net cost of face value ....even today !!

And it's way more fun to get it in pocket change than to pay retail auction ask price for it !!

Happy Collecting Folks !

7875.JPG

See more journals by J Lloyd Young

Awesome!

This reminds me of the best "find" I ever made from circulation. I worked at McDonald's in high school (who didn't?), and one day I received one $10, two $5, and one $1 silver-certificates all in the same day, in my cash register, and all in crisp condition. Needless to say, I exchanged them out for what was a lot of money back to a high-school kid back then.