• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Last One posted by CBC

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The final piece of my VF+ early Walket set..

I just added a 1921-D Walker, NCG VF-25 to my set. With this last piece in place, my set now meets my original goal of VF or better in the 1916 through 1933 dates (most are AU through MS-64; the 1919's and 1921's in AU are way out of reach) and MS-64 or better for the 1934 through 1947 dates (most are MS-66 or MS-67). The upgrades keep getting more expensive; it will cost close to four figures to upgrade anything in the set now, but I'll keep looking for "bargains too good to pass up".

I'm not focused on the Registry points, but the difference in score between the F-12 I had in the 1921-D slot and the VF-25 I just replaced it with was only 373 points - 1256 for the F-12 vs. 1629 for the VF-25. Seems like there should be a larger bonus for the VF-25.

My pictures of the 1921-D are over the file size limit, so here's another recent addition to the set.

7846.jpg

See more journals by CBC