• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Old Beauty Headed to NGC for a Fresh Look posted by J Lloyd Young

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

This high grade quarter lacks only a re-certification from

NGC to be entered into it's registry final slot !!

I am not sure how many of you readers may have had experiance with an old company called PCI , but I for one was always pleased with the grading from them over the years and I still have numerous examples . In particular is one 1932-P Washington Quarter MS-67 ( PCI ) . This heavily toned gem is being packaged up this month along with some others so that I can get them back by years end and place them in their appropriate Registry Slots . I am closing in on finishing this set now . And while I can't ascertain the eventual NGC grade I can say it's within the realm of strong possibilities that it comes back as an MS-66 or MS-67 , which will have made it's purchase a few years ago a bargain at $99 .

7843.JPG

See more journals by J Lloyd Young

In my experience the gold labels are over graded by a minumim of 1 to 2 grades so without seeing your coin in hand it's certainly possibly it could come back at least a 65 if not 66. Most folks like the old green lable holders as I have seen plenty of those cross at the same grade to NGC or PCGS holders. Good Luck!

I've had the same luck as Krypto. as far as the green/blue PCI slabs. I did have 2 gold come back the same but that was out of at least a dozen sent in to NGC for crossover. I've owned at least 30 of the PCI slabs over the years and was always happy with the grades and the slabs themselfs. Good luck and here's hoping you get the 67.