• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Declared Value?

2 posts in this topic

Confusion abounds. I don't want my coin returned or delayed because this is "wrong". What happens if I think my raw coin grades MS64 and is valued at $275 but when its graded, they assign MS65 and its worth $345? That is over the limit for the original tier. What happens then? Or is this field purely for the insurance purposes?

• Administrator

The declared value should be a reasonable estimate of the value for insurance purposes. Essentially, it should be the amount it would cost you to replace the coin in the numismatic marketplace. If, after your coin is graded, the value is $345--or just over the limit for the Economy tier--then there will not be a problem. Keep in mind, however, that the coin will be returned to you insured at $275 (i.e. the value declared).

NGC does reserve the right to adjust the tier if the value increases significantly above the tier limit, but this would not apply to your situation.

Thank you for your question.