• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first journal in ages. MELBOURNE CUP COINS ?

4 posts in this topic

Should I slab ! I feel I must..

I'm thinking I'll send my beautiful 150th Running of the Melbourne Cup gold plated 50c sets in for grading. 12 coins total yes 6 full sets. These are hot, 5000 mintage and I expect them to go up plenty more yet.

Why not, I mean how gorgeous are they !! see below

So here's the plan.. send all 12 coins and ask for PF70 matched sets only. So if 5 of one coin grade 70 but only 4 of the other, I get back 2 sets in capsules, and 4 sets of PF70 (dreaming here that would be sensational, but the Royal Australian Mint do make top quality coins so its possible)

These gold plated babies are easily the best looking coin from Australia for ages. One portrays our great Champion of 1930 Phar Lap, the other the Melbourne Cup itself

7788.jpg

See more journals by RareSov

Quite an outstanding coin there Gavin. Great plan and good luck!! Although, since I started collecting some "Down Under" stuff, I like the High Relief Kangaroo!! Thanks for getting me hooked!!

:D my first board post in ages.. I've been off the map a bit. As you know, collecting those UFC cards a lot more than coins actually !

Just picked up 100 kookaburras as a bullion purchase too. Think thats where my money is going now ! poor USD is hurting and so will we all be in time.

Hi RareSov, that is a beautiful coin!!! It is so nice of Australia to celebrate a great Kiwi horse like Phar Lap :baiting: